I do not like manuals, self help or how to books! Yet, here I am endorsing an author who is not only a well-established Young Adult novelist, but has also written incredibly fun, readable manuals on prose, creating heroes and building believable villains. Her name is Sacha Black and she takes no prisoners when compiling helpful advice for readers and writers.
If you’re offended by a bit of profanity then this is probably not the book or author for you. But, if you’re happy to skip the bullshit and get cracking with the nitty gritty details of empowering your prose, order your copy today.
Sacha’s ability to capture the debilitating aspects of writers’ crutch words and faults and her straight forward advice on how to strengthen your knowledge on essential elements of drawing your audience into your prose without putting you to sleep or drowning you in condensed rhetoric puts her a cut above the rest.
Here is a brief outline on what The Anatomy of Prose has to offer:
Do your sentences fail to sound the way you want? Are they lackluster, with flat characters and settings? Is your prose full of bad habits and crutches?
In The Anatomy of Prose, you’ll discover:
- A step-by-step guide to creating descriptions that sing
- The key to crafting character emotions that will hook a reader
- How to harness all five senses to make your stories come alive, deepening your reader’s experience
- Tips and tricks for balancing details at the sentence level
- Methods for strengthening each sentence through strategic word choice, rhythm and flow
- Dozens of literary devices, and how to utilize them to give your prose power
- Tactics for differentiating characters in dialogue as well as making it punchy and unforgettable
- A comprehensive prose-specific self-editing check list
- How to embody your character’s personality at the sentence level
- The most common pitfalls and mistakes to avoid
The Anatomy of Prose is a comprehensive writing guide that will help you create sensational sentences. Whether you’re just starting out or are a seasoned writer, this book will power up your prose, eliminate line-level distractions and help you find the perfect balance of show and tell. By the end of this book, you’ll know how to strengthen your sentences to give your story, prose and characters the extra sparkle they need to capture a reader’s heart.
If you like dark humor, learning through examples and want to create perfect prose, then you’ll love Sacha Black’s guide to crafting sensational sentences. Read The Anatomy of Prose today and start creating kick-ass stories.