The annual celebration of National Tequila Day is on July 24th.
- Tequila is a distilled beverage which is made from the blue agave plant.
- Made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, 40 miles Northwest of Guadalajaraand in the highlands (Los Altos) of the western Mexican state of
- More than 300 million blue agave plants are harvested in that surrounding region each year.
- Agave tequila grows differently depending on the region.
- Blue Agave – grown in the highlands region – larger in size and sweeter in aroma and taste.
- Agave – grown in the lowland region – have more herbaceous fragrance and flavor.
- Mexican law states that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jaliscoand limited regions in the states of Guanajuato,Michoacan, Nayarit andTamaulipas.
- Mexico is granted international right to the word “tequila”.
- Bulk amounts can be shipped to be…
View original post 58 more words